Yes, it is a new year, and it is the time when many set resolutions.
Yet how long do these resolutions stick? Usually not more than a few days, weeks or months.
Why is that? Are people, weak-willed, lazy?
Actually, no. The problem is, the resolutions being set and how you are thinking about them.
Here are some qualities of resolutions that probably won’t stick long term:
- Resolution set for an external reason (e.g. I want to look good to other people)
- Entails a radical change to your lifestyle or is inflexible (e.g. I will never…)
- You will be pushing yourself to do something you don’t like (e.g. I will force myself to use treadmill 3x a week)
Here’s how to set resolutions that will stick!
- Resolution set for an internal reason (e.g. I love supporting myself with healthy choices)
- Incorporates realistic change (e.g. Each week, I will add this one small step to my routine…)
- You make enjoyment your top sustainability strategy (e.g. I will keep trying different sports until I find something I love to do…)
Your coach can help you set resolutions built on proper strategy and support you in making them permanent, sustainable change.
Happy New Year!Published in