Yes, it is a new year, and it is the time when many set resolutions.
Yet how long do these resolutions stick? Usually not more than a few days, weeks or months.
Why is that? Are people, weak-willed, lazy?
Actually, no. The problem is, the resolutions being set and how you are thinking about them.
Here are some qualities of resolutions that probably won’t stick long term:
- Resolution set for an external reason (e.g. I want to look good to other people)
- Entails a radical change to your lifestyle or is inflexible (e.g. I will never…)
- You will be pushing yourself to do something you don’t like (e.g. I will force myself to use treadmill 3x a week)
Here’s how to set resolutions that will stick!
- Resolution set for an internal reason (e.g. I love supporting myself with healthy choices)
- Incorporates realistic change (e.g. Each week, I will add this one small step to my routine…)
- You make enjoyment your top sustainability strategy (e.g. I will keep trying different sports until I find something I love to do…)
Your coach can help you set resolutions built on proper strategy and support you in making them permanent, sustainable change.
Happy New Year!Recommend0 recommendationsPublished in Articles, Life Coaching
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.